Friday, November 12, 2010

you know how it is when you write while asleep

This is the second time I've written this blog.
Bear in mind that this rewrite is at 2:30 am.

The first time through, I talked about how the idea of god has started making less and less sense to me. But, in writing that I realized I was really talking down to other religions, albeit indirectly. I'm not a big fan of talking badly about other people's most personal beliefs.

So lets do this. Lets take away the most of the blog. The intro, the body, the display of the other views and just boil it down to the last few thoughts contained, which is all that is necessary in most things about life anyways.

I have no idea if god exists. I don't think so these days, but I could be wrong. I can admit that. But with so many theories, speculations, and characters, there is no way for me to know. Yeah, there is the faith thing but, on my little island of paganism that just doesn't cut if for a god figure.

The only thing I can bank on then, is love. This sounds horribly cliche, and its a shame because that means we've overused such a great word. But whether love is a deity or not, its the only abstract thing I can bring myself to believe in these days. And I don't just mean romantic love, although that is one of the most amazing types I have ever encountered.

I mean between friends, between a dating couple, between a family, whatever. Love for an idea, a concept, a painting, just that great big definition of the word.

good lord I'm tired,
and this blog is terrible.

So I'll just say this -

When all else fails,
love.


goodnight.

No comments: