Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Frost

This morning is the first frost I've been awake for.

I walked to Safeway this morning to pick up a few things. Walking feels different depending on the time of day. This morning it was the earth pounding back my footsteps,
saying

"Be calm. Be still"

I don't know if I believe the earth of be a conscious being, but I can see why people have referred to her as mother.

The frost on my handrails reminded me of flying over the Atlantic on my way to England, many years back. The frost was cracked and rigid, like the ice sheets that sat on the water's surface.

I remember on that ten hour flight, I lost any and every source of measure to help remind me of the concept of time. One minute felt like an hour, and an hour felt like only seconds. Movies in the cabin were always on repeat, flight attendants walked by quietly as I sat.

I'm not sure where I'm going with all of this. But, why does this entry have to go anywhere?

No, we'll just let it breathe on its own.

No comments: