Saturday, November 20, 2010

Shabbat Shalom

Celebrating Shabbat was definitely one of my favorite experiences in a while. It was a mixture of so many things.

First, in some ways it was eerily similar to how some Adventists celebrate the coming of the Sabbath. Sometimes they call it vespers, although throughout Christian denominations the usage of vespers sees some variation.

Anyway, When the Rabbi told the story of Jacob wrestling with the angel, I was practically transported to a vespers service where the same story was told, for the same purpose. There were other things too, but that was what stuck out the most.

It was also completely alien to me, and I loved it. When the Rabbi read out of what I assume was the Torah, it was so beautiful. It was like he was singing and speaking at the same time. I'd never heard Hebrew before, and it is a distinct and great sounding language. Or, at least when he spoke it.

Also, gefilte fish is damned delicious. The one piece I had only made me want a whole plate of it.

Anyways -

You liked Nell!

I'm fuckin stoked about that, seeing as how its one of my favorite movies of all time. I'm importing the CD you made for me onto my computer as I type this very blog. Yes, this very blog!

I'll probably listen to it tomorrow as I work on my paper.

Gah. Lets not think about that.

I had so much fun with you tonight. I had so much fun with the whole thing.

I'm definitely looking forward to quarantine and dinner on Sunday.

Anyway,

I'm barely able to keep my eyes open. So on that note, goodnight.

I hope you sleep well :)

No comments: