Monday, November 29, 2010

Forward

I couldn't help it.

The whole time I was writing my research paper I was thinking of all the ways I could make "better" use of my time. For example,

Playing the dulcimer
Playing the guitar
Spending time with people I care about
Walking (Yes, its cold. But a little hardship teaches a lot)
Writing a poem

But really, the best possible use of my time was in fact writing the paper.

Ok -
I'll admit it.

I have a few serious personality flaws. I won't go into them, but they do exist.

I think a lot of us are afraid of our personality flaws, and we refuse to see them...maybe thinking that acknowledging them will make them more real.

One of my many personality flaws is seeing the long term use of things. For example, there is no immediate benefit of writing a term paper. But in the long run, I know that it is definitely within my best interest.

I need to find the harmony between work, school, and doing the things I love. After all, if I don't take care of my responsibilities then the things I love will drift away, slowly but surely.

There is just so much I want to do that I can't do because of school and work. But, without an education and a good job I won't be able to do anything on my list.

I don't ever want to say
"Well, I just didn't quite make it"

I don't ever want to live with regret.

So far, I don't have any regret in my life.

I have had them before, but after wasting away and letting life pass me by, I realized that allowing myself to feel regret only makes more and more regret pile on.

how many times can I say "regret"?
Good lord. Redundant, eh?

Anyways -

That's all for tonight.

No comments: