Thursday, November 25, 2010

Walking -

I walked with my dad today. We went all around our neighborhood and talked about the usual stuff.

Motorcycles,
Religion,
Mom's health,
etc.

After a short time I dropped him off, but kept going.

There were people out on their front yards,
there was laughter coming out of open windows -

The entire neighborhood was a rich blend of wood smoke and home cooking.

Partway down the road, a cat walked out. I sat on the sidewalk with it for a while, and it followed me when I continued on.

Why is my writing so boring these days?

Its just a list of events.

Well, just believe me when I saw it was very, very beautiful.

Anyways.

Since today is Thanksgiving:

I'm thankful for so many things. That I have food, clothes, a job, and that I can go to school. So many people have few or none of those things. I am intensely aware of how fortunate I am.

I'm thankful for my family. We have gone through a lot of terrible things, but somehow we manage to continue loving each other. I'm thankful that my mom stayed with my dad after his accident, and I'm so thankful that my dad is still alive.

Of course, I'm thankful for you. You are so great in so many ways. I always have fun with you, no matter what we're doing. You make me laugh, and I appreciate you greatly. I am very fortunate to have you. I'm thankful for all of that :)

I'm thankful for my friends. I don't think I would be the same person at all had I never known any of you, and I'm very proud of who I am. You have all been there when I truly needed you, and forgiven me when I did not so the same in turn. You're true friends.

1 comment:

Inthea-Jean said...

I don't think your writing is boring at all. Truth be told I find it very moving. I really resonate with what you say. Many passages leave me a bit misty eyed, or just smiling. (This is your sister, by they way, not some creeper!)