Friday, November 26, 2010

Waffles, Guitars, and Transgender

GRAAAAGH!!!

that was a good yell.

Tonight was so much fun. Honestly, your Christmas gift is turning out to be so amazing. You have no idea how excited I am to give it to you. Gah! I can't wait to see your face.

How fortunate is it that one of my best buds has a studio?

One minute I'm saying, "Yeah, this is basically what I was thinking"

And then the next thing I know we're harmonizing,coming up with amazing riffs, and really creating music.

"The next big thing in music is actually doing it" - Tim Eriksen.

Anyways -

After the studio we ended up at The Waffle House. We ended met a woman who was transgendered. Born a man, now a woman. She had so much amazing insight and was so excited to be herself. It made me happy to see her, wearing her transgender pin, willing to answer any questions that Nico or I had. From what she said, she did a lot of it herself! Long story short, Nico is going to see if she can speak in his gender studies class.

Some of the best memories are made with bleary eyes and tired heads,
when you stumble into a place where nobody would go,
and give it a chance.
Experience it.

I have very few concrete beliefs. I am very willing to let my views evolve, change, and adapt. But one thing is for sure -

I will not live a mediocre life. I won't just settle.

Every moment is so precious,
so valuable.
Why would I waste it simply existing
when I could be living?

Gah!

it's three in the morning,

and life has been treating me so, so well.

No comments: