Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Saying the right thing


I recently spoke to a friend of mine who is going through a very hard time. She came to me for comfort, and I hope I did the right thing. I won't go into her problems as I'm sure she would want them confidential. I told her that everything would be ok, and my beliefs on why that is. here is what I said,

The sun will rise every morning. The wind will blow and the trees will grow. Nature works towards balance, and as long as you don't actively try to fuck that up, you (since you're part of this divine dance we call existence), to will move toward balance. And I believe that in a balanced life, one can truly be happy

I'm talking about more than just 'I will keep plodding along'
I'm saying that you, the sacred being that you are, will find happiness once you realize that you not only deserve it, but that it is part of how life for us works
yes, there are exceptions
Earthquakes in Haiti, world War II, but I have the audacity to think that anyone can find happiness.


I now wonder if speaking from the heart was the right thing. I think its because in retrospect, I realize I made some very bold statements. While I've gone through some very hard times....can I really speak to the hardships of others? If The above is truth for me, then can I assume it is truth for others? I do, currently, believe that everyone can find happiness. But, I must also realize how easy I have it in the life I lead.And I regret the word audacity. It was very "high and mighty" of me. Very self righteous, and I wish I could take it back. I don't want to put myself on a pedestal. I would hate to go down that road.But, I also feel that I did the right thing, in that I told her that she is a worthwhile being, because I believe that we all are.

This entry has an abrupt ending, but only because I have no idea if what I said or did was right.

No comments: