Thursday, January 20, 2011




Interesting, how after reading the passage by Davis I'm still thinking about how much we have changed over time. The thing that I'm thinking about most these days, at least in the context of the essay, is how I seem to have forgotten the innate medicine of the earth.

Ok. Before I sound like a loony, let me explain what I mean. I'm talking about the innate peacefulness that can be found by taking a deep breath outside, or by taking just a few seconds to listen to the wind move.

I was laying on the roof of my apartment building a few days ago. The birds in the woods behind where I live were screaming and squawking, carrying on important meetings and delegations. The first star had come out and the air was cold.

Crisp.
Sharp edged and slow moving.

I can't wait for spring,
to watch the grass grow.

Someone very wise told me

"There is always something to look forward to"

and I think that so long as the ravens fly overhead
and the sun keeps rising

it is definitely, definitely true.

No comments: