Monday, August 2, 2010

Precipice




Ah. Barriers. Ganapataye.

Perhaps I can walk over them, overcome them, dominate them with a triumphant war cry...

or maybe I could stand back,
appreciate the barrier and its beauty,
and see that there is a small wooded path running peacefully around it.

I'll take that option.
"Be like water"

This move, in eleven days, puts me at the edge of a precipice.

I will be on my own, in the most complete sense of the word. Before others, yet after many. I feel sad sometimes, a large portion of my life involves losing old groups of friends and gaining others. I don't talk to anybody from my graduating class, save Mitzi. All the others still talk to each other.

Is it because I changed my religion?
Or maybe its on my end, that I was the one who didn't keep contact.
In any case.

Its exciting too, this new life I will be building for myself. Living in my own apartment, meeting new people, finishing up college. What will this year bring?

Hopefully someone else to cook dinner with, even if just once in a while.

Perhaps there is a small path down this cliff I'm standing at,
and It's probably staring right at me.

I'll miss drinking coffee in the morning with my dad,
enjoying the fleeting 'good' weather,
and watching the hummingbirds with him.

I see god in those moments

light glints off feathers,
I sit still to keep her there -
Humming bird, old friend.

that is all :)

No comments: