Thursday, June 3, 2010

A nice little ritual I made



I have been trying to get a ritual together for the past few days in order to get rid of some emotions I have lingering for someone in my past. Moving on is important, and so I wrote up this ritual (with a bit of help from my friend teh interwebz), and I'll be doing it tomorrow evening or night. Portions that were taken from other websites I will mark by a ***. portions I wrote myself will obviously not have those.

Preparation
Have your Altar set up ahead of time. You will nead a bowl of water, a bowl or saucer of salt, some sage, some incense, and two pieces of paper, along with something to write with. I use a white candle for the Goddess, a darker Green candle for the God, and a black candle for Banishing (Meaning ridding yourself of something). Matches, of course, to light these with. You can use a lighter, but the little explosion of flame in a match seems so much more raw and earthy to me. I use a sword instead of an athame, but that is just my personal preference.

Sage
Sage the area; cleansing any and all negativity.

Circle
Starting in the east, hold sword out pointed slightly at the ground. Move clockwise and visualize a pure white light coming from its tip, and say
“I cast this circle of protection and consecration. This is sacred space. Only love may enter here, only good intention and a pure heart may enter here. The circle is cast. This is sacred space.”

Light Candle for Goddess
Invocation
***Earth Mother, Birth Mother, Birch Mother,
Sea Mother, Stone Mother, Star Mother!
Queen of night and death and birth,
Womb of deep and fertile earth,
Dame of heaven's silver wheel,
Lady of the greening field,
Keeper of the apple grove,
Mistress of the arts of love,
Shine out in the fearsome dark –
Teach us how to strike the spark.
People, we can feel Her near!
She is coming! She is here!

Light Candle for God
Invocation
***Sky Father, Wise Father, Wine Father,
Sun Father, Sap Father, Song Father!
Lord of forest, field and beast,
Lord of harvest, hunt and feast,
King of heaven's golden fire
Dancer of the soul's desire,
Master of the drum and flute,
Keeper of the vineyard's fruit,
Shine on us and warm our souls –
Teach us how to make us whole!
People, we can feel Him near!
He is coming! He is here!




Call upon ancestors (Offer libation of alchohol)
Ancestors! You who had the purest of hearts,
the noblest of thoughts,
and the most honorable of deeds,
I ask that you join me in this working.
Vikings,
Celts,
Spaniards,
Blood of my blood,
My flesh and my bones,
Lend me your wisdom –
For this I thank you.

*For anointing, draw a pentagram (I use an invocing pentagram for this part) and anoing your items on it.

Anoint black candle
Smudge candle with sage. Place oil on fingertips and rub in the direction of banishing, from center to top first and then from center to bottom afterwards. All the while, concentrate on the outcome, the intention. Visualize that outcome as a reality, as if it has almost occurred. Visualize that outcome as pent up in the candle, and that it will explode out when it is lit.

Anoint Air
Hold sword up high and say
“Creature of air, I cleanse you of negativity. So mote it be!”

Anoint Water
Point sword into water, with the tip touching the surface. In a powerful stance, and a powerful voice, say
***“Creature of water, I rid you of impurities. So mote it be!”

Anoint Salt
Point sword into salt, with the tip touching the surface. In a powerful stance, and a powerful voice, say
“Creature of earth, May you be blessed and consecrate all you touch So mote it be!”

*At this point, pour some salt and water into a separate container and flick it on your face and chest, anointing yourself

Light black candle
Anoint flame and state intention for candle. Beforehand, carve a symbol or sigil into the candle.

Write Intention on a piece of paper
Statement of intention.Draw banishing pentacle on back, and anoint with oil. For me, this intention is ridding myself of these clinging emotions to this person. So I am not banishing the person from my life, just the unhealthy emotions. However, you can use this ritual to banish whatever you wish.




Burn paper
“I banish you with the power of fire!”

Put some Ashes in water
“I banish you with the power of water!”

Put some ashes in salt
“I banish you with the power of earth!”

Put some ashes in the palm of your hand, and blow them out of the window
“I banish you with the power of air!”

Meditation

Thank The Goddess
“Earth mother, Night mother, I thankyou for your help, and for your presence.
In every step, may I walk in love, and in the comfort of your night.”

Thank The God
“Forest father, Day Father, I thankyou for your help and for your presence.
In every step, may I walk in love, and in the warmth of your day.”

Thank the ancestors
‘”Ancestors! Blood of my blood, flesh of my flesh, I thankyou for your wisdom. When the day is right I shal join you, where the brave may live forever”

Close the circle
“With your sword, starting in the east and moving counter clockwise, visualize a pure white light coming from its tip, and say
“I closethis circle of protection and consecration. This is sacred space. Only love may stood here, only good intention and a pure heart enteredhere. The circle is closed, yet unbroken. This is sacred space. So mote it be!”

*As you say so mote it be, clap your hands once, very loudly.

Offering of leftover salt and water, and remaining libation

No comments: